Monday, October 8, 2007

Ravelry!

I got my invite to Ravelry on Saturday. I didn't actually get signed in until Sunday though. What was funny about it was that I was at our Fiber Frolic meeting and a bunch of us were discussing who was on and when the others would be getting our invites. I have been playing with it a little and it is really neat so far. I found 4 of my Frog Pond friends on line and 1 found me (I didn't even know she was there).

Oh The Fiber Frolic was a blast. I took a few pictures and will upload them tonight. If I counted right, there was about 16 of us. 17 if you counted the Susan's 'soon to be born' grandchild. :o) Susan's new house was very lovely and I can't wait until next year to see the pond/fountains that her son is working on for her. They sound great. We have LOTS of yummy food; Turkey Sloppy Joes, Thumbprint Cookies, Veggies Tray, Apple Crisp, Applesauce Jello, Apple Cider, Chips/Salsa, Bruchetta/Dip, Pepper Cream Cheese Dip with Wheat Thins, Brownies, Lemon Squares, Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I'm sure there's some items that I am forgetting, but they were all very tastey. And I nibbled all day!

I always get a nice glow when I bring something and someone asks for the recipe. I brought the Applesauce Jello. It is so easy to make and it tastes so refreshing. Here is the recipe for everyone else too.

1 large box of Raspberry Jello (or 2 small)
2 cups boiling water
1 23-25 oz jar of Applesauce (I prefer the no-sugar added one)

Disolve the jello in the boiling water. Add the Jello to the applesauce. Mix and refrigerate overnight. Notes: If I add the applesauce to the jello, I tend to splash alot. It takes longer to set-up with the applesauce in it.

Enjoy!!

No comments: