Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Monkey Swap

I joined the Monkey Swap, but am getting a bit of a late start due to my SPAM folder. I never even thought to check it, after I sent an email to get signed up for the Monkey Swap. I just assumed that if I sent an email to the Moderator, Rebecca, that my email would accept one back from her. And we all knows what happens when you 'assume' anything right. So, this whole time I have been wondering about a response, when I actually had it. Well chalk up another one to Operator Error.

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I think I am more of a beginner than intermediate. I have only completed 2 pairs of socks and am working on my 3rd pair now. I have caught the sock addiction though. And I try to pick the next pair a little harder than the last, so I can learn something new. I already have a couple more pairs planned. I have not done any cabling or Toe-up socks yet, but would like to do both.


The measurements:
Shoe Size: 8 1/2
Foot circumference: 8" at the ball of my foot, but 9 ½” at the ankle

Foot length: 9"


Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? Mostly bright colors or jewel tone. I love blue, purple, green and pink especially.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? I’ve only every knitted variegated socks, but I have seen intricate patterns that I like that I think would be better with a solid to show off the pattern.

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn? Wool or Cotton. I use some acrylic, but wouldn’t want that for socks.

What colors would you never wear? I don’t really like dark “muddy” colors (brown, black, grey) or white/cream.

What are your favorite brands of yarn? I don't really have a favorite brand. I’ve been trying different ones.

Are there any new brands you would like to try? I'd love to try Koigu or Lorna's Laces. But really, I’m not picky.


Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit? None, but Pomatomus is on my list of "Must Do's"

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own? Flicker, Mona, Thelonious, or Twisted Flower


Other pertinent information:
Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US? Either would be fine, but I would be interested in an international one if possible.

Do you have any allergies? Not that I know of, although I can't stand the smell of smoke.

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals? No smoke, but I do have 2 cats.

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name? Not on it yet. I am signed up, but haven’t received an invitation yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from your secret monkey pal! I can't wait to get started on your socks. I may have some questions later, but I can't think of any at the moment.