Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lawn Mower Blues

Well, when I went home last night I decided that I absolutely must, no more procrastinating, mow my lawn . I probably haven't mowed it in a month. I know what your thinking: Slacker. And you would be right. Mowing the law is my least favorite household chore. Well 2nd, because I hate weedeating more. It is the one thing that I miss about renting an apartment. I didn't have to do yard work then, but I do like the privacy now. Anyway, long story short, the lawnmower would not start. So I hooked it up to the battery charger and let it set for 1/2 hour. That's usually all it takes, but even after a full hour it would not start. So I get on the phone to my handy dandy Dad and tell him with the added comment that it won't even turn over. Dad thinks the started has gone bad. Actually his words were "You probably burnt the starter when you connected the battery backwards." Yes I admit it, I hooked up the battery backwards. I didn't even think about it. I just pulled the old one out and set the new one in with the logo facing forward just like the one I took out. Well, because it was manufactured by a different vendor, the posts were on the wrong sides. I tried to start it several times that way and that's when Dad thinks I damaged the starter, because it hasn't acted right since. Well, all I can say is that I'm pretty sure that was a blond day so there!!

When Dad comes over on Friday to show me how to mud drywall, we will look at the mower. Hopefully we can get a new part. Although from looking at that thing I don't know how easy it will be to get the old starter off. Why would they put the starter on the bottom!!

No comments: