Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Monkey Swap Progress

So here is the progress on my first sock. I have a total of 3 repeats completed. It is moving along very well. The label is a bit blurry, but I am using Panda Cotton by Crystal Palace it is a mix of Cotton, Bamboo, and Elastic Nylon. It feels real nice. The color scheme, which is Picnic (pink, purple, lime and really light orange), is a bit more vibrant than what you see in the picture. I really like the way this is turning out and will have to get some more of this to make myself a pair. I can't wait to get them done, so I can send them off to my Monkey Pal. I already have one of her gifts and have plans for several more. You know how it is when your looking for 'just' the right thing. Still looking, but I have ideas.

PS: I took the picture using the Polaroid Digital camera that my friend Vicki from Simply Knits gave me. The battery door is broke, so she bought a new one and I got this one for the economical price of 1 heart-shaped quilted wallhanging. Anyway, it's great to use for taking pictures of my WIP or UFO's to put on the blog because I just have to plug it into the wall socket and I can take photos. I tried Duct Tape to keep the door shut, but it stretches and so didn't work. Now I am trying reinforced packaging tape. At work, they call it glass tape. It has the strings into, so it has to be cut instead of torn. So far it is holding and not stretching. Will see how it goes. Thank you Vicki!!

No comments: