Thursday, August 7, 2008

No catchy title today

I've actually being getting some things done. I've just not been very chatty about it.

I've been on a sewing kick the last couple of weeks. Only doing knitting during one of the various knitting meeting that I attend.

I was working on my BOM Lillebet's Garden quilt. Thinking maybe I should make an effort to get this thing done, so I won't feel too guilty about working on something else. :o) I had all the blocks pieced. I finished the sashing blocks and got all the 'sections' assembled. To make doing the appliqué easier, you are supposed to assemble the quilt in sections, appliqué each section, then assemble the final quilt. No, I didn't take pictures yet. Not sure when I will either. I don't know if it was operator error or maybe an error in the pattern, but my blocks came out 15.5 inches square (approx.) but the sashing strips were only 15 inches long (approx). This made assembling each section, a bit of a pain. Stretch here, stretch there. I'm worried that it will have too many ripples. But then again, there is the old saying "it will quilt out".

No comments: