I've been so busy with my new responsibilities at work that I haven't had time to keep my blog updated. I'm loving my new job. I love learning new things, but sometimes it is a bit overwelming.
Anyway, I had a great time at retreat. I finished the backing for my Summer Breeze Quilt (sorry called it Spring Fancy last time by mistake). I had wanted to give it to Deloa to get quilted, but she wasn't there, so I'll have to make other plans. I got the tablecloth cut out for my mom to sew up, just haven't seen her to give it to her. And I started on the pieced sashing for my Lillibets Garden quilt. I got that about half done. I forgot to take my fabric for the 6" breast cancer block with me though. I will have to work on that this week.
I also bought a book/craft light from Carol of Carol's Quilt Cottage in St. Joseph, MI. The light bulb on my sewing machine is to the left of the needle so there is always a slight shadow to the right, which is where you line your fabric up. So I clipped the book/craft light on to my sewing machine and directed the long windy neck down to point on the right side. Amazing, the shadow disappeared. It was really worth the $13 I paid for it.
I am still working on my Crosshatch lace socks (from More Sensational Socks by Charlene Schurch). If you'll remember, I am using the magic loop needle on this project. Well after completing the cuff for Sock #1, I decided to do the cuff on Sock #2 then put them both back on the needle to finish them both at the same time. You know the "2 socks on 2 curved needles" type thing. WELL......Better planned then executed. It went fine for the heal flap, however it soon became a roaring mess when I tried to do both gussets at the same time. First I had trouble trying to figure out how to switch from sock #1 to sock #2 when trying to pick up stitches, so I decided to slip #2 off and finish #1 then Put #2 back on and do it. Well when I put #2 back on the needle, I wasn't paying attention and picked up the wrong end of the needle so that now #1 was on backwards. So then I had to take #1 off, carefully transfering it to bamboo needles and turn it around and carefully transfer it back. I decided that before I start row #2, I should probably look it over and make sure everything is going the right way. I follow around #1 and sure enough when I get done around that one, I should be lined up to start #2. everything looks great. However I have no clue what went wrong. I got so tangled and then discovered that had 1 marker in the wrong spot. I had to tink back part of #1, re-knit it, it still wasn't right, had to tink back again, found that I had I forgot a YO. By the time I got to the end of #1 I decided to pull #2 off and just to the gusset for them 1 at a time. I had just enought time this morning before work to carefully transfer #2 back to the bamboo needles. As I started righting this, wondering where I went wrong, I realized that if I had been smart, I would have gotten out the book that my Hot Cocoa swap pall, Sarah from Nebraska, had sent to me. Then I probably wouldn't have had such a hard time. Sure wish I had brought it along with me today. I also should have taken pictures, so y'all would have realized what a huge mess I made this morning. The one thing I did learn, was how to rip out a part the row beneath the row I was working on to fix a problem. If only I had fixed it correctly though I wouldn't have had to tink back the second time. :o)