Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boy What a Weekend!

Saturday was a pretty eventful day.

The weather BEAUTIFUL for once; 60's, sunny, warm - need I say more?

I had a Bridal Shower to attend for my friend Teresa. She is getting married on May 10th (only 33 days away). I got up early and made a Veggie Pizza, Iced Tea, and Cowboy Caviar to take to the party. I even did the dishes, put a pot roast in the slow cooker and copied 2 recipes off for the Bride-to-Be. Not to mention running to the store to get some last minute items that I had forgotten. Talk about a productive morning! I had meant to get to Teresa's Mom's house by 12:30, but I was an hour late, because I decided to do a little pampering. I painted my toes and actually wore make-up. I reserve make-up for special occasions only. Mostly I don't bother with it, but since this was a bridal shower I went ahead and slathered it on. I'm glad I did, because after the shower, 8 of us went out for the Bachelorette Party(Me, Teresa, her mom Judy, her FMIL Vivian, the MOH Amy, 2 BM's Leslie and Michelle, her SIL Denise). Teresa, decided we should do an impromptu bridal shower, so that no one would have time to plan anything risque. We went for Margarita's at Hacienda and then to Club Landing for some dancing. I had never been there, and was worried that it was a dive. Actually it was a really nice place. They had a live band playing for the evening. It was called Blammo and they were playing rock songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Yeah rock music that I actually recognize and enjoy! Of course I left my digital camera at home, so sorry there are no pictures for me to put up.

I had a really good time. Teresa and Amy were drinking these electric blue drinks called something like Adios MotherF#$@er. They were a form of long island iced tea. I tried a sip and wow was that strong. I was not surprised to hear that it contained 7 different alcohols. Me I stuck with soda. I'm not much of a drinker and had already had margaritas before we got to Club Landing. I really would not have wanted to be either Teresa or Amy the next day. They each had at least 3 of those, maybe a little more.

I didn't get back to my house until almost 3AM. Then I had to work on Sunday. Not that it was hard day, but I would much rather have been napping on the sofa.

I still haven't quite made up for all the lost sleep though. This week is going to be a busy one. I started back to Fitness USA last night. I have really been slacking for the last month since my membership ran out at Pinnacle. I had a really good workout last night and the personal trainer was really good about my desire to do weight training instead of the eliptical/stair stepper/treadmill/aerobics stuff that they always push. My upper thighs and my stomach muscles are kind of sore today, but it's a good sore. I feel like I have accomplished something.

No comments: