Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap - Topic of the Week

What is your most memorable vacation? Where did you go? What made it memorable?

That's a toss up. I have 2 favorite/really memorable vacations that I have taken. The thing that makes them so memorable is that they were both firsts. In September 2001, yes the week after 911, I took my very first vacation by myself, ever. I rented a car and drove all by myself out to South Dakota to visit a friend. And let me tell you, boy is that a really long drive, more so, because I had checked out several books on tape from the library and the rental car did not have either a tape player or cd player in it. Anyway, we visited the badlands, Custer National Park and Mount Rushmore, which was especially nice as they had a 911 memorial set up.

My second most memorable vacation was the trip I took to England in 2005. It was my first trip overseas. I stayed with a friend near Nottingham and had a lot of fun. I was only there a week, but the weather was gorgeous. Normally all they have in March is rain, but the sun shone all week except for my last full day there. After I left, it rained every day for over a month. I thought that was kind of funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your trip to England must have been wonderful. I would love to make it there some day.
~YSP
P.S. your package is very nearly ready to send to you. Maybe even today.