Sunday, March 30, 2008

Color me Cheap!

Well maybe not cheap, but at least very frugal.

Yesterday my mom and I went shopping at Goodwill. It was their 50% sale. I wanted to go because my jeans are looking a little too baggy and I just refuse to pay $20-$30 for new jeans. I just can't make myself do it. (I'd rather spend the money on fabric or yarn) The few times that I have purchased brand new jeans, it always from the clearance rack and hopefully with an extra 15% or 20% off coupon like they have at Kohls or the Avenue.

I found 3 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of capri's, 1 shirt, 1 scrub pants, a black leather coat, a new shower curtain and 2 new green curtains for the sewing room. The jeans/capri were only $3.50 each, the shirt and the scrubs were $3 each, the coat was $25, the shower curtain was $4.50 and the curtains were $2.50 each. All in all, I think I got some great deals.

Mom found the leather coat for herself, but it was too small. But since I liked it I got it instead. However she made me promise that if she loses 30lbs by Thanksgiving, that I will let her buy it back. I think I can handle that. I meant to let her take my "The Cardio-Free Diet" book home, but by the time we got back to my house we were so tired we just unpacked and she headed home.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I came across this post, and wondered if I could ship you some free scrubs in exchange for a post mentioning and link to my site, http://www.scrubsgallery.com

Thanks!

Aaron