Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Camping Pictures

OOPS! I forgot to post pictures of my camping trip. So here are a few.

Look Mom, I made my bed!

This is a picture of the strategically placed space heater that I took with me. Yes, I know you're not supposed to have a heater inside your tent, but it was really cold at night. Low 40's. Brrr!

We tried to tell the kids it was too cold to go to the beach, but they wouldn't listen. So Eric said let them find out for themselves. Here is McKelle in her long pants, sweatshirt and jacket. Behind her is her husband Eric in his sweats. And the 2 freezing kids in the front are Brenna and Landon. Needless to say, they didn't stay on the beach for long. Maybe 20 minutes at the tops.

Here they are in wearing more appropriate cloths. This was day 2. Day 1 would have been warm enough to go in the water, but we went visiting other friends who were in another campground nearby.

Here's me, hamming it up for the photo. I almost fell backwards inside the tire tunnel.

I started my Toe-up socks our first morning in Ludington. I brought them along that night to sit around the campfire. It was so nice and toasty. We tried a new S'mores recipe while we were there. Instead of graham crackers, you use chocolate chip cookies. And instead of just plain Chocolate, you use Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Boy were the sweet! Turns out me and McKelle were the only 2 willing to give them a try. I like the Chocolate Chip Cookie idea, because I really don't like graham crackers, but the RPB Cup was just too much. Next time, I'm going to just leave that part out.

Landon with his glow stick.Now that's Static!

1 comment:

Dr. aWoW said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun... I like the sock book in the background of the made bed picture!!! Glad to see you have your priorities right :o)