Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Finally Completed Something!

I have been knitting on my Crosshatch Lace socks for so long, that I don't feel like I am getting anything done. The good news is that I only have about 1 more inch to knit before I start the decrease for the toes. Yeah!

However, I took a small break and finished up a felted bag that I started working on in June/July 2007. I used the Tote Around pattern by Janet Scanlon of Knitkit.com. And the I finally remembered to measure a felted project before I felted, so that I could know what the difference was.

Before: 15" wide x 19" tall with a 10" diameter on the bottom circle.
After: 11" wide x 11 3/4" tall with a 8" diameter on the bottom circle.

If it didn't have a circular bottom, it would almost be a square.

So here are before and after photos.


I changed the name from Tote Around to Raspberry Truffles because of the color scheme. It is knitted using Patons Classic Wool Merino. The bottom is Taupe, then stripes in Rosewood(varigated), Pink and Taupe.

PS: Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend. I painted the sewing room purple. It looks like Heffalump (the purple Disney elephant) exploded. I love it. Pictures will be forthcoming. I saw the new Indian Jones movie. It was good too. There was one seen that was kind of hokey, but overall I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Kary said...

I love your bag...of course, now I totally want to go out and get raspberry truffles, so thanks a lot!