Wednesday, May 14, 2008

7 Random Things about me!

I was tagged by Kary of Living to Tell the Tale.

1. As a young child I believed that if you drank a glass of water while you were on the toilet going poddy, it would just go straight through. Sort of like a check value would suddenly open and water would pour out the bottom. As I type this I am reminded of the Baby Doll that wet her pants after you gave her a bottle of water. That must have been where I got the idea.

2. I was in a "special ed" class for inability to read well as a child. I don't think I was having problems learning to read, I just hated to read when I could be out playing and so was a little behind. Anyway, I never read a book all the way to the end until I was in 7th or 8th grade. I always just read enough of the beginning and the end to write an adequate book report. The first book I read cover to cover was The White Dragon by Anne McCaffrey. I remember that it was a paperback book that was about 2 to 2.5 inches thick. It was a Sci-fi book that I had seen my dad reading. He was an avid read and sci-fi book club member. Because he had insomnia, he would read a book in night. Anyway, that book started my love of reading. Now I get antsy if I don't have a book to read.

3. I was supposedly born 1 month late, however I just think they miscalculated.

4. I first went to college for Aircraft Mechanics. I graduated, took my written tests but was too terrified to take my oral/practical tests, so never got my license.

5. I bought my very first home in 2001.

6. I can pick up things with my toes and even pinch with them. Look out!

7. I know how to make home made authentic Tamales.

Wow, I didn't think it would be so hard to think up only 7 things about myself. It really is, but fun too. Well, I'm supposed to tag 7 more people, so here they are:

Star Shaped
Avocado Fever
Introvert Reflections
Simple Knits
Into the Day
A Week of Wednesdays
Love Your Bag Designs

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sandy, I'm working on my 7 Random Things.