Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quick Trip to Indy

We had a bit of a problem yesterday at work. Our OH salesman's demo system was not working, so he wanted another one overnighted to the customer. Normally we wouldn't have a problem with that, but since the customer was in Canada, I knew the unit would more than likely get caught up in Customs and not reach the customer in time for the salesman's meeting. So I took a quick (ha ha) to Indianapolis yesterday to hand off the new demo system and bring back the non-working one. From here, it is a 2.5 hour drive. We met up in Carmel and Dave bought me dinner for my trouble. I had grilled salmon and steamed veggies. It was very good. Then I had to drive 2.5 hours back. It wasn't so bad. I had a book on CD that I was listening too. However, it would have been much better if I had had time to stop at Stitches and Scones yarn shop in Westfield, but they closed at 5pm. I had to meet Dave between 4:30 and 5. So I didn't make it back by there until 5:30. Darn it!!

I had a real good weekend. It was very busy. On Saturday, I got together with a bunch of other friends at Nancy's house and she showed us how to card wool. Boy is that hard work. Well, I guess not hard, since I only did a couple, but if I had had to do the whole basketfull that she had, I think that would have been a lot of work. Nancy had washed 3 fleeces in September. She also showed a couple of the ladies how to use a drop spindle and also how to use her spinning wheel. Robin has decided that spinning is not for her. She rather just knit. I finished plying the last of my Targhee wool that I got from the Chocolate Princess. I have about 150 yards of yarn. I still have to set the twist. I hope to be able to make a anorexic scarf out of it.

No comments: