Monday, November 26, 2007

Post Holiday Review

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day. My family got together at my Aunt Margaret's house for some really yummy food. I was in charge of bringing the Pop. Yup, can you believe how easy I got off. Didn't have to prepare any dishes. Although I did bring along some cauliflower, broccoli and celery to add to the veggie tray. This was done purely out of self preservation though. Because if I have those to munch on, I figured I would be motivated to leave the cheesy dips and crackers alone. I did try the 2 dips my mom brought along (cheddar and olive) but since neither of them were my favorite Baked Chipped Beef Dip, I was able to stop. Now if it had been the Chipped Beef Dip, oh man would I have had a hard time resisting that!

We were all very happy and proud of how much Aunt Margaret was able to eat. I know that is not something you normally hear someone say around the holidays. But Aunt Margaret has spent the last year recuperating from throat cancer. She is cancer-free (Thank God), however since she has had a feeding tube in for over a year, her esophagus had shrunk. She has had several throat stretching procedures over the last month or 2 and was able to eat a little bit of several different items. This is the first year that we had totally whipped mashed potatoes, because she couldn't handle the lumps. But she was nice enough to save some out for me before they were too whipped. I wouldn't have cared as long as she was able to enjoy them.

I stayed late and played several games with my cousins, Emily, Becky and Erica. We started out with a dice game called Left, Right, Center. It's fun, but it would have been a lot funner if we had been playing for nickels. But since none of us had any change, we just played for chips. The dorky part of it was that we only had enough chips for 2 rounds then we had to re-divvy up the chips. After that got a bit boring, we decided to play UNO. I had forgotten how much fun that game is. It was such a hoot. And I won.!! By 1 point, but I still won. :o) Did I forget to mention that my cousins are all between the ages of 10 and 14?

It started to snow just before the game got over. I was amazed at how bad the visibility was. It took me about 15-20 minutes more to drive home. And when I got up the next morning to go shopping with my Mom, I was amazed to see that we had gotten 6 inches of snow overnight. 6 Inches! For a first snowfall of the year, that is quite a lot. And what is even funnier, is that my Mom, who lives 30 minutes northeast of me only got a dusting and the same goes for South Bend, which is 30 minutes southeast of me. I meant to take pictures, because it was so beautiful with the sunlight sparkling and the trees all heavy with snow. But of course I didn't.

B100 Fit Club Update: Color me amazed! I actually lost weight over the thanksgiving holiday weekend. I lost 3 lbs for a new total of 16 lbs lost. Last week I calculated my inches lost and it was 12 3/8 inches. I can really tell the difference in my clothes too. On Saturday, I tried on the XL Diva T-Shirt that Deb (the team captain) gave me and it fit great. Of course I haven't washed it yet, but it wasn't tight at all. And yesterday I wore an older scrub shirt to work that I had stopped wearing because it was too small. It was loose!! Yeah Me!!

No comments: