Thursday, March 5, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

Or so they say. In this instance, it should be no pain, no loss. Of course that doesn't rhyme, but who cares right?

Anyway the point to this train of thought is that I worked out last night. I am amazed at how puny I felt when lifting weights. Of course I haven't exercised in over a year. In last nights class, the instructor had us doing a lot of arm/shoulder exercises, squats, and crunches. With the arm exercises, I started out with 5 lbs, dropped to 3, dropped to 2 and finally had to go to no weights. But I felt really good afterwords. Although, my muscles were kind of quivering like jello and it felt kind of weird.

I am sore this morning and just a bit tired. But it felt good to exercise again. The hardest part is sitting down and then getting back up again.

2 comments:

MUDNYC said...

Yay, Sandy! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Did you go to the boot camp class? I need to get my booty off the couch...you'd think chasing kids around would melt the fat, but sadly no. Not while you're stuffing a Taco in your face while doing it, LOL.

Keep up the good work!