Monday, August 27, 2007

Girls Day Out

Well Saturday's "Girls Day Out" with McKelle went very well. Although the day started out rough because of the downpour of rain, we were determined to have a good time anyway. And we did. We had some errands that we wanted to get accomplished, which we did, before we went to lunch at the Texas Roadhouse. I had never been there before. I really like the food; the Rattlesnake Bites were yummy and so was the steak. It is similar to a Logan's Roadhouse, but without all the peanut shells on the floor. They give you an extra empty bucket for your shells. That's not to say that there weren't a few shells on the floor, but overall, the floor was much cleaner than at Logan's. After lunch we went to see the latest Jason Bourne movie; The Bourne Ultimatum. It was very very good. I had been fighting a migraine for most of the morning. I took some medicine, but it only REALLY works if I lay down and sleep a bit, but it was enough to take the edge off. But there were a couple spots during the movie where the action/camera moved so fast that I got a little dizzy and had to look away. I had this awful fear that I would throw up in the theater. I know TMI, but this is my blog, so you get it all. :o)

After the movie, we went to JCPenney where we got manicures. I love manicures and pedicures; especially pedicures. I would get them more often if I could afford it. My Mom absolutely loves pedicures and is always excited when we go for one. McKelle has never had a pedicure (ticklish feet) and has only ever had 2 manicures, both of which I got her for birthdays. This weekend was kind of funny, because she bought my lunch for my birthday and I bought her manicure for her birthday (which I missed). It was just funny, how that worked out.

When we got back to her house, I got to visit with her kids; Brenna (5) and Landon (2). I had to laugh because Brenna was acting all goofy and loud and when McKelle asked her why she was acting that way, she said "Because Sandy's here". She's so funny sometimes. She starts the big "K" this year. Brenna sent me home with 4 drawings, 1 of which I brought to work to hang on my bulletin board. Landon is mostly quiet, but once he warms up to you he gets better. And if you think you might want to talk cars, he's all yours.
This is a picture of Elmo eating cotton candy. He is standing in the shade of a banana tree. On the other side of the tree is Elmo's goldfish Dorothy swimming in her bowl. She was supposed to have some popcorn to eat, but Brenna forgot, so she'll just have to make do with plain old fish food. :o)

PS: If you like to read, and you enjoyed the Jason Bourne movies, you should check out some of the books by the creator of the Bourne series. His name is Robert Ludlum and I have enjoyed all of his that I have read. My favorites are: The Hades Factor, The Sigma Protocol, and The Prometheus Deception.

No comments: