Monday, October 26, 2009

Sad News

It is with a sad heart that I let everyone know that my Aunt Margaret passed away on Friday.

She was doing so well after the surgery last Monday to move her feeding tube. But then on Wednesday or Thursday they said she aspirated some water while taking a drink and coughed herself right into a heart attack. Her body was just too weak to recover from that and she passed away Friday Morning.

I had a good cry this weekend when I realized that this Thanksgiving I actually get to have lumps back in the mashed potatoes. I'd trade all lumps in my potatoes for her to be there at the table with us. At least she's not suffering anymore. She was a great lady and I will miss her terribly.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Sandy. You have my sympathy.

Dr. aWoW said...

I'm sorry, Sandy. I hope you are doing okay. My thoughts are with you. Love Liz.

MUDNYC said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Sandy. I'm glad you have good memories to cherish.

Vicki said...

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much she meant to you. My thoughts are with you.