Thursday, September 4, 2008

Quilts

So here are a couple of pictures of the quilts that I picked up from Barb on Monday. They have both been finished for several years, but I just didn't have the money to get them quilted. Barb had a great Quilt 1 and get the second quilted for 1/2 off sale going.

I don't remember the name of this first quilt, it was in a Christmas quilt book/magazine, but I of course found some great green/purple batik to use instead. I do remember that all the other fabrics came from the same line and were on the clearance rack at JoAnns.

And here is a close up of the back side. It really shows off the quilting that Barb did. She has a computerized long-arm quilting machine, and I like how she was able to manipulate 1 design to fill so many different areas.


And this is my Stack-n-Whack. Although it is the only one that I have done, I had a great time doing it and I have bought other fabrics to use on another S-n-W.


And here is a close-up of the back side showing the different quilting motifs used.

I have the binding sewed onto the Purple Star Quilt. I actually finished that at about 6:55am this morning. Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I still have to do the hand work part, but I can work on that on Sunday when I'm at work.

PS - Car Update - I talked to the owner of John's Body Shop last night and was informed that I may be getting my car back either today or Friday. He was painting it last night and then had to finish putting the light assembly back in. Can't believe I will be getting it back so soon. He just started on it on Tuesday. Wow!

No comments: