Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I spent the night at my parents house on Christmas Eve. They actually still had snow on the ground, so it really felt like Christmas. We didn't have a big Christmas, but based on the amount of food Mom made you would have thought that about 20 people were expected. My Aunt Margaret and cousins Emily and Becky came over and then my cousin Kylee and her 3 children came over just before we sat down to eat. Oh but the food was good! We had ham and turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, corn, 2 kinds of gravy, cranberry sauce, veggie tray, salami/cream cheese roll-ups, sliced cheeses, 2 kinds of salsa & chips, rolls, and several cheese dips. That doesn't even take into account all the Christmas goodies my mom made: fudge, peanut brittle, cookies. She made my favorite cookie too, which I haven't had in years. My great Aunt Ella used to make me Potato Chip Cookies every year for Christmas. I finally found a recipe for them, but I had just never gotten around to making them. Oh man were they good.

So anyway, I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas.

No comments: